Thursday, April 22, 2010

Why do I like Betty Neels' Books?

Hmmm....or maybe that should be "Why I like Betty Neels' books?"
It is a very subtle difference.

I'm really not sure why I like the books so much. They are well written but then they are also all very, very, very similar to each other.
But it doesn't seem to matter. The books are just fun, easy to read and relaxing. Maybe the fact that you basically know what will happen makes them enjoyable.

The is very little sex...shoot there's no sex in a Betty book. Unless, you consider kissing sex and even if you do, there is still very little sex in a Betty book. Which is okay. Even without it the book is still interesting, sorta.

The heroines in Betty's books are just a bit too good to be believed. Well, most of them are. Occasionally, you'll find a heroine who's feisty and will speak up for herself but even she gets walked on by some folks and she's touchy with the wrong person, ie the hero.
Here's what one reviewer had to say about Betty's heroines:
Betty’s books are always sweet with the main characters having integrity, even when others do not act in the same manner towards them.

Yes, the majority of, but not all of, Betty's Heroines are nurses or work in the hospital in some way. The heroes are usually doctors and most often from the Netherlands. So far I've only read one book where neither the hero or the heroine worked in a hospital.

It goes without saying, although I am going to say it, that the books all end happily. But then it's a Harlequin so, hey, it's suppose to end up with everyone getting together.

Oh yeah, and I love to read about the places in Betty's books. I've never been to the Netherlands or the UK....dang it! But I plan to go just so I can visit all the places I've read about in Betty's books.

Anyway, back to me, naturally.
I like...love Betty's books because they're fun, relaxing and .....special.
Yea Betty!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment